Lady Irish fast pitch softball is based in Northwest Ohio (Toledo). The Lady Irish has young ladies playing on teams based in Ohio and Michigan. The Lady Irish plays in tournaments in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, as well as Nationals. The Lady Irish play in ASA, USSSA, PGF and NSA tournaments, as appropriate for each team.
If you are the parent of a young softball player, it’s easy to let the hectic nature of a season get in the way of the big picture. Below are my top 10 tips for parents to follow for each ballgame:
1) Celebrate your child’s effort and sportsmanship, above results such as winning and losing.
2) Do not coach from the stands.
3) Never yell at the ump.
4) Never yell at the other team or their coaches.
5) Stay away from the dugouts during the game.
6) The umpire is human and will make mistakes.
7) Cheer positively.
8) Root for the whole team, not just your daughter.
9) HAVE FUN!
10) “Your child’s success or lack of success in sports does not indicate what kind of parent you are. But having an athlete that is coachable, respectful, a great teammate, mentally tough, resilient and tries their best IS a direct reflection of your parenting.”
We are a NON-PROFIT organization. You can select a donate link below to donate to our organization. Be sure to provide an email address so we can send you a donation letter for your tax purposes.