If you are the parent of a young softball player, it’s easy to let the hectic nature of a season get in the way of the big picture. Below are my top 10 tips for parents to follow for each ballgame:
1) Celebrate your child’s effort and sportsmanship, above results such as winning and losing.
2) Do not coach from the stands.
3) Never yell at the ump.
4) Never yell at the other team or their coaches.
5) Stay away from the dugouts during the game.
6) The umpire is human and will make mistakes.
7) Cheer positively.
8) Root for the whole team, not just your daughter.
9) HAVE FUN!
10) “Your child’s success or lack of success in sports does not indicate what kind of parent you are. But having an athlete that is coachable, respectful, a great teammate, mentally tough, resilient and tries their best IS a direct reflection of your parenting.”
The Northwest Ohio Lady Irish is a non-profit organization dedicated to the development of female athletes, ages 8-23, to help them achieve their fast pitch softball dreams. We provide softball opportunities for young ladies of all skill levels. While providing the opportunity, we conduct quality training to adequately prepare our athletes to play against the best competition, showcasing their talents to college coaches when appropriate. Further, we educate our players and families on the college recruiting process while helping them along the way in their personal recruiting efforts. A Lady Irish player who remains dedicated, excels in the training, and embraces the education provided, will eventually achieve her dream to play softball at the college level.
We are a NON-PROFIT organization. You can select a donate link below to donate to our organization. Be sure to provide an email address so we can send you a donation letter for your tax purposes.